- Straddle the person's hips/upper thighs in a standing squat position, knees bent.
- As they lift into Bow pose, place your hands around their hands, and grab their heels at the same time.
- Slowly lift their legs/body straight up using the force of your legs.
- Keep your lower back straight and abs firm as you lift them.
- Deepen the assistance on their inhalation.
- Maintain the assistance for as long as you feel is appropriate.
- Release their legs slowly to the floor and step out of the straddle position.
Yoga Prop Suggestions...
- Have them place a blanket under their hips.
What You Might Say (to help the process)...
- “Keep your buttocks and legs firm,”
- “Drop your shoulders away from your ears,”
- “Push your feet backward away from you ,”
- “Breathe deeply into your upper chest.”